To allow more time for the deployment of technology to handle it, the Florida Supreme Court has delayed implementation of mandatory e-filing in the Florida appellate courts. The order [.pdf] sets the new deadlines as follows:
- February 27, 2013, for the Supreme Court.
- July 22, 2013, for the Second DCA.
- September 27, 2013, for the Third DCA.
- October 31, 2013, for the Fourth DCA.
- November 27, 2013, for the Fifth DCA.
- December 27, 2013, for the First DCA.
I find it interesting, but not surprising, that the First and Fifth — both of which have already implemented the eDCA filing system — are the last to be brought into the new eFiling system. They already have an eFiling system that works for them, and I don’t blame them for having difficulties in changing it.